These cookies are easy to whip up and taste divine! It is like a Peanut Butter Cookie and a Snickerdoodle cookie came together!! My little guy would have eaten a whole tray if I would have let him!
They are crunchy on the outside due to the cinnamon sugar coating, but so soft and chewy on the inside. What more could you ask for?!
Also, they are not over-powering in the peanut butter flavor either. Don't get me wrong, you can definitely taste it, but you can also taste all of the other wonderful flavors as well.
These cookies would be perfect to add your holiday cookie tray, take to a picnic, or just make to enjoy a special treat!
Nutter Doodle CookiesFrom the kitchen of Britteny's Boutique
- ½ cup creamy Peanut Butter
- 4 T unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1 ½ cups sifted flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 4 tsp granulated suga
- In a medium bowl mix together the peanut butter and the butter until creamy and smooth.
- Add the brown sugar and mix until all lumps are gone.
- Then add the 2 eggs, vanilla extract and the almond extract and mix thoroughly.
- In a separate bowl add 1 1/2 cups sifted flour, baking powder, and cinnamon, and gently whisk together.
- Slowly and gradually add the flour mixture into the butter mixture. Mix on low just until all of the flour is incorporated.
- Place dough in refrigerator for 1 hour to chill.
- After dough is chilled, preheat oven to 350 degrees and line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Mix together the cinnamon and the sugar on a plate for the coating.
- Roll the dough into 1 inch balls and toss with the coating.
- Place on cookie sheet about 1.5 inches apart.
- Bake for 9-10 minutes or until cookies look dry.
- Cool on cookie sheet for 3 minutes before removing to wire rack to finish cooling.
- Yields approximately 36 cookies.