After many trials and errors I finally got the Cuddly Bear just the way I wanted him! I think I drove my husband nuts asking him a million questions. "How does this look?" "More to the left?" "Too much here?" At least he was patient and honest with me! :-)
I wanted a bear that was 100% perfect for a baby or child of any age. This bear has chubby cheeks, a sweet tail, colorful paws, and crocheted eyes that twinkle! He is about 20 inches tall from the tip of his ear to the heel of his foot. So, he is ready for adventures, perfect to cuddle, and makes a wonderful nursery decoration too!
I can't wait to see all of your Cuddly Bears and all the wonderful color combinations that you come up with!
Gauge is not important however for this project mine is: 18 sc and 16 rows = 4" square
Sizing / Finished Measurements:
The bear is approximately 20 inches from tip of ear to heel of foot.
Worsted Weight Yarn
- Color A - 10oz - Main Body Color
- Color B - 2oz - Belly Color, Eye Brow Color and Possible Muzzle Color
- Color C - >1oz - Inner Ear, Paw Pads, Feet
- Color D - >1oz - Inner Ear, Feet
- Small amount of black or dark brown for nose and mouth
- 3ft Black for pupil of Eye
- 5ft Eye Color
- Very small amount of white for eye twinkle
You Will Also Need:
- E (3.5mm) hook
- 1.75mm hook
- Poly Fil
- 12 inch piece of ribbon for small bow to adorn the bear
- Stitch marker
- Tapestry Needle
Caron One Pound