Also, when envisioning this pattern and brainstorming more ideas to make it unique I knew I just had to have the little tongue hanging out. For some reason my kids get a huge laugh out of our dog when she does this as she is playing. They think she is silly looking. :-P
The criss-cross stitch is one of my favorites for gender neutral patterns. It has so much texture, is eye catching, and perfect for both boys and girls. I even have a free sweater pattern in this stitch here!
This blanket is the perfect size for a nap, a cuddle, and for baby to use for years to come. They can use it in the car, stroller, or play time on the floor. Miss K still uses some of her crochet and knit baby blankets as little lapghans when she is chilly. It really warms my heart to see her pull these out and use them 6 years later.
I hope you enjoy making this precious Playful Puppy Blanket and much as I did designing it. Let me know what you think and feel free to share your blankets! I love seeing all of your goodies too!
14 dc and 6 rows = 4" square; use a different size hook to obtain proper gauge
38 inches long by 34 inches wide
- F (3.75mm) crochet hook
- I (5.5mm) crochet hook
- Worsted Yarn (4W) - Main Color (Color A) - 14oz
- Worsted Yarn (4W) - Contrasting (Color B) - 3oz
- Worsted Yarn (4W) - Puppy Color (Color C) - 2oz
- Worsted Yarn (4W) - Ear Color (Color D) - 1oz
- Worsted Yarn (4W) - Small amount of black for nose and pupil of eye
- Worsted Yarn (4W) - Small amount of eye color
- Worsted Yarn (4W) - Small amount of red for tongue
- Stitch Marker
- Yarn Needle